QUETTA ( Balochistan has witnessed a fast spread of the scourge of coronavirus and a sharp spike in the number of cases in the province since August 12 and the lockdown can be re-imposed in the province if the cases continue to increase.Addressing a press conference in Quetta on Tuesday, Balochistan government spokesperson Liaquat Shahwani said that a new wave of COVID-19 virus was emerging in the province, which was worrying, while the experts also fear that coronavirus cases could rise again.
He said that all sectors except marriage halls and schools have been reopened in the province, adding that the provincial government is concerned over the increase in coronavirus cases in the last six days and if the coronavirus situation remains the same, the cases may increase.
“In recent days 355 new cases of COVID-19 have been reported,” he said and added in past six days the cases rate has reached to eight percent, while in previous 45 days the ratio of infections was at lower than five percent.
The spokesperson said that coronavirus tests in Balochistan had also been increased, adding that 1238 test had been conducted on August 14 out of which 88 new cases confirmed.
He advised people to observe caution to be protected from the infection of novel coronavirus, adding that COVID-19 cases have decreased but not disappeared.
He said 90 percent patients in Balochistan have recuperated and total 138 deaths reported from coronavirus disease.